Troubling With 404 Error?
I had trouble with reaching my Uplist account after the social media ban. Every time a tried to reach the page it showed me 404 error. Have you ever faced such error?
404 is a client-side error pops when the page you were looking for cannot be reached or found on their server. This error usually customized by the websites. As a said technically client-side error because it occurs when client types the URL incorrectly or with a typo. Also, it can occur when the website moved or changed the page URL Add forgot to redirect the old one with new one.
How can we overcome this?
- Before doing something try refreshing your page. Most of the time it will help.
- Try a different browser and search.
- If refresh didn’t help check your URL whether it have any typo. Even if there is a single letter is missed or typed wrongly it directs to somewhere else.
- If three of above didn’t help move your directory up and up. For example,
- if you try to reach https://www.uplist.lk/wp-admin/post-new.php and gave an error.
- Try, https://www.uplist.lk/wp-admin, if again you get error or nothing.
- Then try, https://www.uplist.lk/, likewise move your URL directory up as much as possible.
- Note: if you cannot reach the sites base URL it means that the site is no longer available.
- Search the site you want to reach in a popular search engine.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies. Because once the error for a site recorded in your browser it will give it again and again.
- Change your DNS used by your computer. Maybe the URL you are looking for not in your Internet service provider’s DNS. I personally prefer to use google DNS to have access to a maximum of the website as possible.
- Open Network and Sharing center
- Go to Change adopter settings
- Right click on the connection you are using and go to Properties
- Go to Internet Protocol Version 4
- Check, Use the manual DNS type 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- Apply and ok
- If nothing helped you contact your website directly.
Sometimes an error can occur by the difficulties or mistakes on server site also. So try a bit later. If the error is not resolved or you can’t figure it out try to reach the website they will definitely help you like I got my help from Uplist…lol.
Hope this is helpful if you have any geek to resolve this 404 error comment below!